Saturday, January 14, 2023

The Boys From Biloxi

I am reading John Grisham’s new book “The Boys From Biloxi”. Pretty good.

Will Lisa Marie be buried at Graceland? Yes, she will, next to her late son Benjamin.

Lisa Marie Presley Dies: Who Will Receive Elvis' Famed Graceland Estate? (msn.com) 

Didn’t realize so many businesses and government agencies let out early Thursday afternoon due to the impending storms. When I left work at 5:10 I hardly hard to stop on the way home. No traffic nor rain, and the setting sun hard even come back out. Was tired from staying up late the night before, so I took a nap on the couch while C cooked supper: chicken and ravioli.

Watched So Help Me Todd and Young Sheldon. Winnie had just gotten a bath at the kennel, so Ceil gave her a trim. I haven’t been feeling 100% this week, so I skipped the gym Friday morning. Skipped golf this AM as well, because it was 29 degrees. My little group of guys all met for lunch at Righteous Que.

My friend Lee recently retired. Friday he came over for a tour of my plant. We looked at all the machines, me telling boring stories. Then we ate lunch at Chickfila. Sure made the day shorter. It’s good for me to get out and talk to the guys in the plant from time to time, to get the latest news right from the source. I talked to Anthony, Johnny, Lewis, Hung, Roger, Bobby, and Jerry among other folk.

Another one of the Left Behind books is coming out as a movie next week, titled “Left Behind: The Rise of the Antichrist”. You’d think with all the satanic movies made these days, the general public would be more interested. Stars Kevin Sorbo, Corbin Bernsen, and others. People these days ridicule the Left Behind series, but I still think they were a great anthology.

DENISON on why we’re tempted to pull ourselves up by dragging others down. In Leviticus 19–21 there are four times God repeats "You shall be holy because I am holy" (19:2, 20:7, 20:26, 21:8).

https://www.denisonforum.org/daily-article/more-classified-documents-discovered-at-president-bidens-home-why-were-tempted-to-pull-ourselves-up-by-dragging-others-down/

WILLIE DAVIS  [B-R Bio] pinch-hit for Don Sutton, and homered off Nolan Ryan in the 1973 ASG. Played for TEX in 1975. Davis had more at-bast than any other Dodger in the 1960s, with 5,047. He set a record with three errors in one inning in the World Series, the fifth inning of G 2 in 1966. Claimed he lost the balls in the sun. Apologized to Sandy Koufax later. Koufax is said to have responded, "Don’t let it get you down." Overhearing the exchange, Don Drysdale piped up with, "Hell Willie, forget it ... you’ve saved a lot of games for me with great catches."

No comments: