Monday, January 30, 2023

Tape Delay

Watch out: Shivonne has a hankering for my bobbleheads. She really likes the nesting dolls: I have a Bob Uecker set, and a larger Texas Rangers set.

We were watching CIN@KC last night. I had finished all my laptop fun and taken Winnie out. With Shivonne with us all weekend I had gotten less sleep then usual, so I was ready for bed. I was standing near the TV as the Bengals were forced to punt. I checked Twitter and saw several posts about the Chiefs, and realized our TV was lagging behind time. I checked and sure enough KC had won in regulation. C was pulling for the Bengals, so I hinted at the bad news, and went to bed. Guess I need to spring for that signal booster.

Friday I left not long after five, and drove straight home. With W&MC in NYC until Monday, we had her all to ourselves. C had to run to Trader Joes and Whole Foods, so me and Shivonne stayed in the car. Spaghetti for supper. I helped feed Shivonne, but she did a fine job feeding herself. We kind of got her to bed slightly later than we should've. Don't tell W&MC.

Winnie had to sleep downstairs. Around 6:30 a, Saturday I heard Winnie barking, so I slid out of bed to calm her down, and tried to get a little sleep on the couch before C and S came down. Oatmeal for breakfast and ham sandwich for lunch.

I had to gas up C's car, so I drove to RaceTrac only to find them completely out of gas. Took 120 west to 75 south (crowded) one exit to Delk Road to the closest RaceTrac, gassed up, then retraced my route back to QuickTrip to get air in the tires. The guy ahead of me was taking a long time. I remembered the last time I went there for air it took forever. I drove to another QuikTrip for the air. Quite the excursion.

After a nap I drove C and S to Old Navy, Gap, and Pizzaria Lucca for takeout pizza. Took it home and ate with M, who was feeling better after being sick all week.

I was wondering if the golf tourney didn't have to do with the football. I thought it did. The golfers only have to travel up the coast from Torrey Pines to Pebble Beach, right? Not sure about Super Bowl weekend, when the Waste Management Open in Phoenix is played. Usually has to do with whatever network is televising the events. If the same network broadcasts both events, the golf may be pushed back.

With Shivonne at the house we slept in and skipped church. Again I had to slip downstairs at 6:30 to keep Winnie from barking. I felt tired all weekend. Grits and eggs and toast for breakfast. Black beans and rice for lunch. Washed dishes and played with Shivonne. Watched SF@Eagles and Bengals@KC.

Ran three miles at the gym this AM. Got to work to find our lunch meeting cancelled. Small group tonight.

Yesterday's JFBC sermon by Clay Smith, on Satan's temptation. You can listen here!  

Tickets went on sale today for JFBC missions dinner, held in March at the end of the missions conference. They sell out fast. I tried to coordinate with friends about sitting together, but we may be with random people we don't know. Nothing wrong with that. In the past we've waited and bought tickets from friends who'd bought an entire table. We'll see. I liked being in the smaller student center, as opposed to in the huge gym with more people. Last year we got more BBQ in the student center than in the gym, so there's that.

Today's Denison: on idolatry.

https://www.denisonforum.org/daily-article/critics-lambast-hideous-abortion-idol-in-new-york-city/

Hitters with 3+ career home runs in the month of March.

https://www.statmuse.com/mlb/ask/most-hr-in-the-month-of-march-in-a-single-season

Player            Team   #  Year    March Days   WAR

Beckham........SEA....3...2019...20, 28 X2.......... 3.2

Bellinger.........LAD.....4...2019..28, 30 X2, 31....17.8

Blackmon.......COL....3...2018...30, 31 X2 .........19.3

Davidson........CWH...3...2018...29 X3................-0.7

Davis..............OAK....4...2019;..20, 28, 29, 31...10.8

Goldschmidt...STL.....4...2019...29 X3, 31.........58.5

Pederson........LAD....3...2019...28 X2, 30..........11.5

Santana..........SEA....3...2019...20, 28, 29......... 3.5

Yelich.............MIL......4...2019...28, 29, 30, 31...36.1

King David's name was just found on a 2,900-year-old slab. Yet many on social media say it proves nothing. Psalm 14:1: "The fool says in his heart 'There is no God'."

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://notthebee.com/article/a-2900-year-old-slab-was-just-discovered-to-feature-king-davids-name__;!!AE29DT8V!VPQaNtC_yNcweeKuH_m1WJMQ91g4V-x3vw0hdIefHDYlmzwcXPJ3swLYrtFXlhORGGnc7SwlU_Hq2sow0go$

How to be truly happy: develop and nuture relationships and friendships.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://fortune.com/well/2023/01/14/keys-to-happiness-the-good-life/__;!!AE29DT8V!SvOtM7j-mnn2MwxPqvbE4PVZjWiCYAOsC84oTDkxLUnAJ7klKc4PpE6dzuVYeTBoF6uk8peIi613iuRHV1o$

No comments: