Monday, October 24, 2011

Second Straight Weekend A-Go-Go

Another weekend on the go. Left work a little early for Matthew’s baseball practice. Will rode along, and wound up pitching almost the entire time. Practiced until dark, and didn’t get back home until 7:30. Then Will took Matthew up to ECPC for the middle-school lock-in. I had to pick him up at 7 am Saturday. Saw my friend Lee, basketball wiz Conner, and his mom.

M slept from 7:30 to 12:30, and Ceil eventually got him to his game. After the bonfire Saturday night Matthew slept from 11:30 to 12:30 on Sunday afternoon.

After taking Anna to the PCC high-school bonfire (behind NPCC), Matthew and I realized we had the wrong directions to the middle-school bonfire. Finally got him there at 8:30. He went in and accepted a cup of hot chocolate. A kid accidentally knocked it out for his hand, and it got all over his clothes. The host put his clothes in the dryer, so Matthew spent the evening wrapped in a blanket.

Since the bonfires ended at ten, it made little sense for me to drive home. Had I known I would’ve taken my book. Filled up the Civic and got something to drink, then found a Dunkin Donuts to buy Ceil a bag of coffee beans. Hung out there for a while and played with Anna’s iPad. Cleaned out my text messages and emails.

Met Anna’s host, who said his name was Kenny Thorne. I almost asked “THE Kenny Thorne?”, recognizing the name from Georgia Tech circles. I should have, as he is the former GT All-American, current GT Tennis coach, and winner of several professional doubles titles. Interesting that he referred to himself by both first and last name. Kinda like a Seinfeld episode.

We left there and headed over to pick up Matthew. On the way we saw a huge, multi-point buck standing right next to the road, just off Kimball Bridge Road.

Having spent the entire day Saturday away from home, I stayed home Sunday morning and cleaned up. I wanted to finish organizing the summer/winter clothes changeover. Around noon I started to sneeze, and took a few breaks. The sneezing only got worse, and I never finished. Watch some football, the Big Bang Theory, and parts of several movies: She’s having a Baby, The Legend of Ricky Bobby, Get Smart, and Working Girl. Watch 60 Minutes about Steve Jobs, and surfed the internet. Tried to read my book, but couldn’t concentrate because I was sneezing so much. Pretty much went to bed at 8:30.

Still felt weak Monday, so I used that as excuse to stop at QuikTrip for breakfast, and Moes for lunch.

No comments: