Thursday, August 23, 2012

39 Games To Go

The Braves were seven back after 123 games. Last year’s World Champions were also seven games back after 123 games. I’m sure there were plenty of Cardinals fans that had given up on the season. They had lost 8 of their first 11 games against division-leading Milwaukee. The Braves have lost a similar number of games to the Nats.

Ross will be played Wednesday, as did Pastornicky and Johnson. I’d like the Prado at second and Reed in left scenario as well. When Francoeur struggled they took him out of the lineup. To me, Uggla is in a similar situation. What baffles me is he’ll have a big game, like he did in New York recently. Seems like they would rest him more. We’ll see how bad Bourn’s arm is, after getting hit Tuesday night (not bad).

By the 9th inning Tuesday night I was just barely paying attention. I was hoping Chipper would hit for Uggla or Francisco. At it was, the game ended with Chipper in the on deck circle.

Tuesday I saw Lang’s book on display at my library, with other newly acquired books. I checked out Grisham’s latest: Calico Joe. This afternoon I’ll be finishing up The Associate. Haven’t read the Litigators yet, but I just bought the book. Trying to knock out all the Grisham books, so it’s high on my list. With school started, things are slowing down around the house. I have plenty to do, but I haven’t done much yet.

No comments: