Saturday, August 11, 2012

White Stallion: RIP

I was asked if Will took his car to Athens. Yes and no. Like everything else in my life, that's a long story.

Around the first of May I told Will that he needed to sell that car so he could buy a new one for school. I drove the car, and it would cut off, sound bad when it ran, and reverse didn't work. He might have taken the car off road, though he said he didn't. But Will didn't do anything (I guess I should've done it myself).
He was thinking about not having a car. Last Saturday he started looking for a bike, and Monday night he bought a used (but nice) Cannondale. Then he decided to take his car after all, and Tuesday he bought a new bike rack.

Wednesday he drove to Athens. I followed him in the van, and I could hear his car squeaking. When he drove past the hundreds of freshmen sorority coeds, they were looking at his noisy car. He parked and we moved him into his dorm.

After we left he went to move his car, and the transmission was completely locked up. It's not worth fixing, so I had it towed off. No more car.
Will wants to ride his bike home from Athens some time. I might have to talk to Drew Kelly about what route to take. When we stayed at Rosemary Beach, Will rode from one end of highway 30A to the other…and back.

Thursday was Will's first day alone…his roommate doesn't move in until Saturday. He said he played volleyball and dodgeball yesterday. Tonight Phi Slam, a Christian organization, is roasting a pig. Mark Richt is on their board of directors.

Dan and Karen Toholsky's daughter Lila moved in at UGA Thursday. Also the sons of two of my coworkers. All freshmen.

Another busy Friday at work for me. Not much on tap for the weekend, which is good.

No comments: