Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Tuesday

After more than thirty years, I still have a ruler that pre-dates my first real job. By the time I started in 1987 Sepco had become Sealco. I also have my grandfather's old metal 12" grocery store ruler - from the year I was born.

We have so much stuff and we’d have to fix so much stuff to sell the house that I’m not sure we would ever be able to move.

Super busy at work. It always happens in December. People take vacation and go to meetings and there’s not enough people to get things done. Now we hear my customer is working the week between Christmas and New Year’s.

Yesterday we were picking the dishes for Saturday night’s dinner at the fancy restaurant. Picked two appetizers: meatballs and a lobster dip. We picked four side dishes: asparagus, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, and sweet potatoes. Not my four faves, but they'll eat.

Worked till 6:45. Ceil cooked black beans and rice, and tossed a salad. I did the dishes. Changed from my work clothes into a t-shirt and shorts. Went barefoot. Watched the Hallmark Channel, which was better than The Voice. Saw some of the Bengals/Steelers. Today M drives to Augusta to visit W&MC.

Barney hasn’t been feeling well. Has a cyst that’s growing that’ll need to be removed. Doc says he’ll likely have cataracts soon.  

No comments: