Friday, May 22, 2020

It's In The Bag

Anna is expanding her Quarantine Diaries brand.
Let me know how many you want to buy - I'll deliver!
Looks like I am going to be super busy between now and next Friday. When the virus hit and things slowed down we had to reverse all the work we'd done, cancelling orders and reducing stock. Now things appear to be back rolling full speed ahead, as of this week. With the reduction of a team member I'm having to re-look at my stock, her stock, current inventory levels, deal with hot tube, a missed shipment, daily orders, and more old inventory review. Didn't leave the office until six tonight.

Thursday: didn't leave the office until 5:30 pm. Next week when C is out of town I'll probably stay til six. Drove home and crashed. It was the first night I didn't have extra things going on. M was at work and C went to walk with Noelle. At 8 pm I had to drive up to Whole Foods to pick up M but that didn't take long. Ate leftovers and watched Jeopardy and Jack Black's Escape Room show with Ben Stiller Courtney Cox and Lisa Kudrow. Not a big fan of escape rooms but this was interesting. Then some of the Red Nose special before changing the channel. Good new banjo song by Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers.
Went to bed at ten. 6:55 total 4:43 quality 1:32 deep. Man my resting heart rate was a high 72 bpm.

The late Ravi Zacharias noted: "We are living in a generation that listens with its eyes and thinks with its feelings. If they cannot see the gospel in you and me they will not feel the persuasion of what you and I are trying to present to them."
Leave it to Beaver's Eddie Haskell, former actor Ken Osmond (76). Former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan passed away at 78. Now this...
Coworkers furloughed include Lowell, Williams, Jan, Keith, and Henry.

For cap day today I wore my Gwinnett Stripers cap. Also my new Pumas with my old blue socks with red and white stripes.
Lists I want to research: top ten sporting events I have attended. Braves centerfielders. Braves bench players. Top 50 NBA players (for the NBA's 50th anniversary they made up a team. ESPN just made up another team and of course 40 of the players are recent. I want to compare the two). Also EGOTs - the people who've won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony. Heard the term last night. Steve Martin has won three of the four, plus a Golden Globe I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_won_Academy,_Emmy,_Grammy,_and_Tony_Awards 

LON KNIGHT  [B-R Wiki] threw the first pitch in the first game ever played in the National League. Pitching for the original National League Philadelphia Athletics (not a typo), Knight hurled the first-ever pitch to future Hall of Famer George Wright of the Boston Red Stockings (also not a typo) 22-Apr-1876. Knight was the first recorded player to hit for a "natural" cycle, meaning he got his hits in the order of total bases: first the single, then a double, then the triple and finally the home run. Cycle = 30-Jul-1883. His cycle was the second ever recorded in the history of the majors. First cycle was by Curry Foley 25-May-1882  He once took to the water in a dinghy in pursuit of a dinger. Knight was playing right field in a game at Riverside Park in East Albany, NY when a ball clobbered by 4time19th century HR champ Lipman Pike sailed over the fence and landed in the Hudson River. The park had no rules then about what happened after a ball went over the fence, so it wasn't automatically a home run.  Our hero Lon, ever the determined player, jumped into a nearby boat and paddled out into the river in pursuit of the ball!  His throw in was ...alas, late.

No comments: