Monday, May 25, 2020

Tale of Two Cities


Saturday night we drove down to celebrate MC's birthday.
Got a picture of everyone but her.
Will bought a used tiller and dug up his back yard. Cleaned out on the far side of his shed. Almost ready for sod, but they're all sold out right now. When he was building his deck passersby on the Atlanta Beltline would ask questions, and comment each time they returned.
 Okie was wearing his MURPHY jersey.
The classic Pirates of the Caribbean skit came up on my Facebook memories the other day, the subject of much discussion over the years with MC's mother Regina - who mistakenly thinks the middle schoolers liked her Veggie Tales skit better. Yes, that's Claire Whitaker Johnson's husband's cousin Caroline Hargreaves on the left - one of Anna's best friends all the way through high school. This was my first public mention of Lily's slingshot wounding of Thomas Gilbert on school grounds, also in 2011. Lilly was aghast that this long ago event is still remembered, pretty much only be me. Hey, if you are ready Lil, you are a good kid. Thanks for friending me on Goodreads.  
Yep. Those are my struts holding up Tiger's roof.
 Missed Tiger Phil Peyton Tom, dang it. Maybe they'll rerun it.
 Guess what's back?
With Jon Lovitz dressed as a pirate, to boot.
There's a new hole where participants don flame retardant suits,
and the dragons breathe fire on them
while they line up their putts. 
Not sure what the object of this hole is, except to crash into the pole. Are you supposed to grab onto the pole? Then what?
These aren't my nine most favorite Hawks, but here goes: Maravich, Spud, Mutombo, Dominique, Trae, Horford, Petit, Terry, Collins, Millsap, Josh, and Joe.
 
My nine: Pistol Pete, Alexander Volkov, Scott Hastings, Spud, Mutombo, Doc Rivers, Dominque, Tom McMillen, Trae.

Confession: several years ago I watched several seasons of the Netflix series “Orange is the New Black”. Enjoyed the show but lost interest as the cast of characters rotated in and out. Driving back home after a long day I was reminded of one of the season finales. Rosa received news her illness had advanced to the point she didn’t have long to live. Rival Vee had escaped and was walking down the road. Rosa commandeered a prison van and went on a joyride. Rosa saw Vee bumming a ride. Vee’s eyes lit up. Rosa swerved the van – and the season was over. Won’t tell you want series of lines of thinking led me to that point. And that’s all I have to say about that.
Washed the Jeep and Corolla today.
Wore my navy Crocs. Where are my black Crocs?

No comments: