Saturday, November 25, 2006

Trusting God

I should trust God more to provide for my needs. Earlier Friday afternoon I pulled out a scrap of paper with notes I had jotted down from a parents meeting at Will’s Living Science Academy.

Lance and Penny Davis founded Living Science, and the school has blossomed due to their dreams, prayers, and faith. Kids love “Mrs. D” like they love very few teachers in their lives, and it’s easy to see why. Lance is a great example to me as a man of God as well as a fine Christian husband. Watching and listening to him in action makes me want to spend more time with him, and this moved me to take notes…which I should do more often. At the meeting he summarized their life together.

My notes read…“we lived through a terrorist uprising in Zimbabwe. God found a way to get us to the USA. The move to Georgia was on faith, only to be in the center of God’s will, our assurance was by faith…As for our finances…we never lived for the month-end check…what God orders, God pays for…I asked God to grow my faith…God looks at the heart. Our future is unknown…but planned by God.”

Living Science would be a great place to teach! It’s not just science…they have many other subjects like English, Drama, and some foreign languages. Will is really being challenged with all the book reports, projects, and presentations he has to do this year.

Physically, the Murphy’s need God’s help and provision with a house that’s starting to show its age, inside and out. Our van is no spring chicken either, but has held together so far.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: