1. Every Tiger reached base. Every Tiger scored or drove in a run.
2. Two Nationals did not reach base. Three did not score or drive in a run.
3. While pitching, Alex speared a line drive up the middle.
4. Big Tanner looked good at shortstop, and had his deep line drive caught by the leftfielder.
5. Had centerfielder Jalen caught the pop fly, the Nats wouldn’t have scored in the first inning.
6. Three of the Nats’ four hits were dinks, barely past the infield.
7. All three close calls went the Nationals way…
a. In the top of the first the throw beat the runner, but
b. In the bottom of the first another throw to the plate beat the runner, but the National was ruled safe.
c. In the third, third-sacker Tanner blocked the bag and tagged out a base stealer, whose foot never reached the bag. Again, the National was ruled safe.
Tigers: 25 PA, 4 hits, 6 Ks, 6 BB, 2 HBP
Nats…24 PA, 4 hits, 7 Ks, 6 BB
Key to the game: Errors committed: Tigers 6, Nats 2.
Jalen: 0-2, HBP, run
Nate: 1-2, BB, SB, 2 runs, reached on error
Tanner: 1-3, RBI, 2 runs
Brandt: 0-2, BB, RBI
Alex: 1-3, run, 2 RBI
Thomas: 0-1, BB, run
Randall: BB, HBP, RBI
Marlon: 0-1, BB, RBI
Alex: 1 inning, 8 BF, 2 Ks, 3 BB, 4 runs (all unearned), putout
Brandt: 1 inning, 4 BF, 2 Ks, BB
Randall: 1 inning, 7 BF, K, BB, 3 hits, 3 runs (2 unearned)
Jalen: 2/3 inning, 5 BF, 2 Ks, BB, hit, 2 runs, putout
Tanner: 2 putouts