Friday, June 27, 2014

Where's Your Pulitzer?

Writers and fans that want to bat BJ eighth and constantly rearrange the batting order don't take into account the effect that has on a player's approach (and his psyche). Would they treat their own subordinates (or children) that way? The next time Mark Bradley or Jeff Schultz complain about a lack of world championships, I will be tempted to ask why aren't they fired for not winning a Pulitzer Prize.

When I set out on my 2014 bobblehead journey I did not realize how busy June and July would be. If things work out I could attend games on five straight weekends, and seven games in eight weeks.

SAT June 7 Gwinnett Mike Minor
TUE June 17 Greg Maddux
SAT June 28 Gwinnett Chopper
SAT July 5 Gwinnett Julio Teheran
SAT July 12 Myrtle Beach Pelicans T-shirts
SAT July 19 Gwinnett Ron Gant
FRI June 25 Rome Freddie Freeman
WED Aug 13 Evan Gattis

Spotted a Dallas Star hockey bobblehead, but for once I passed. Had never heard of the player. Also passed on a plastic Donald Trump and Upper Deck Michael Vick and Edgerrin James. Just learned my father-in-law's heart surgery is scheduled for July 25.

Monday Matthew leaves for Gatlinburg with a friend. Dollywood/Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Chattanooga Aquarium. The dad goes to Braves games, so I told him the nearby Tennessee Smokies were playing home games all week. He said he was glad I told him.

Will is in a wedding on July 4 & 5. Instead of renting tuxes the guys all bought seersucker suits at Joseph A Bank "at a discount" - $100.00 each.

No comments: