Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow Day

I believe Heaven will be one big worship service. Louie Giglio said heaven will be like Atlanta Stadium was when Sid scored the winning run – bedlam. Except in heaven the excitement and worship will be directed to God.

Back in the 80's I'd go to SPdL Sunday morning and evening, and Wednesday night. Monday was the big singles fellowship at the Hubert's house. For a while Hurt, Head, Hubert, and I (plus others) would go on visitation. That must've been Tuesday night. Sometimes there would be something Friday night, and Mighty Mites used to be Saturday morning. Church volleyball was Sunday night and Wednesday night. Chapel choir was Sunday before evening worship, and Adult Choir on Wednesday night.

Recently I was kinda thinking about all that. When the kids were growing up they were involved in activities, but most took off on Wednesday night out of respect for church. We were busy and on the go with baseball, basketball, ballet, art, and Living Science. We hadn't gone on Wednesday night for years. Last winter we took a class at JFBC on Wednesday nights. Now out SS teacher is encouraging the class to be come a community, to not forsake gathering together. We have a once a month Wednesday night prayer time. Ceil went in December for the first time, and I'll start going this year.

Tuesday night I left at 5 pm because I was worried about traffic. C was just leaving out on an errand. The library was closing early so I hit three thrift stores. Found I nice ugly sweater to wear next Christmas. Didn't eat much for supper. Went to bed at 10:30.

Got up several times during the night. Checked the snow. Wasn't sure what I would do, so I got up at my usual time to exercise. Usually while I'm exercising I see at least two cars leave out. This morning a neighbor drove by carefully, but she didn't make it up the big hill. She backed up several hundred feet to her house. That decided it for me. Finally at 8:08 am they closed the office. One coworker was 2/3 of the way to work. She was almost back home when her car got stuck.

M had to be at work at 8:45. He said he had less trouble getting out this morning than the previous snowstorm. This is the second time our washing machine won't start because of the cold. I've been running hot water to get it going. Called in for a 10 am conference call, and sent out my daily reports. Several other work related things to do.
Fun fact: when the Vikings played in the old Metrodome, one of the end zones was only nine yards deep.

No comments: