Friday, November 09, 2007

Moe's vs. Chipotle vs. Willie's

I plan to use the Moe’s promotion sometime soon. Ceil’s favorite is the one down JF near Ted’s, as opposed to JF & Shallowford. Chipotle…I’m not crazy about the spicy taste, and what a rip to charge for chips and the little bit of salsa you get, which is not as good as the variety on the Moe’s salsa bar. The chipotle taste at Willie’s is ok with me, and it’s more like Moe’s, but Ceil and the kids don’t like it as well. Locations aren’t as convenient.

Our MCS rankings:
1. Nuevo Laredo Cantina
2. El Porton
3. Moe's
4. Willie's
5. Chipotle
(Mexican Championship Series)

This morning I was checking 2008 schedules and came across this… http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/schedule/tentative.jsp?c_id=nyy&year=2008%20(We
Even if you don't click on it you can get this gist by reviewing the address.

Last night I laid down on the couch not long after 9 pm and woke up at 12:30,
then didn’t have a problem sleeping til after 6 am.

Meetings yesterday went well. I was the last one to go to the group meeting (just by seconds) and it was clear I was expected in the meeting. We discussed how vital a role a new guy was filling, someone mentioned we needed five more of him. It’s exactly the supplier quality role I had been thinking about. Afterwards my boss met alone with one guy, then came out and called me in for a one on one. I mentioned the role, as I had in my e-mail the day before. My boss agreed I needed to be in a higher profile role, and he floated the idea that I NOT go to Little Rock for 2 months next year. I told him it wouldn’t break my heart if I didn’t go, though we both agreed the assignment was important…and left it at that.

My assistant/replacement was also mentioned. I lobbied for one person to learn my job, but there could be a division between my department & the Ogre’s, who would keep them.

Hopefully this weekend I’ll finish all the clothes upstairs…not much else on tap.
Have to see if the Dawgs wear black, which looks likely.

At the Picture Show…The Brave One (Jodie Foster), Hairspray(jealous, Missy?), No Reservations, The Seeker (early-teen boy adventure), Underdog, Nancy Drew & Ratatouie (kids have seen’em), and Bourne (I need to see 1 and 2 first).

No comments: