Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday Stuff

Haven’t been to the new Sears yet, though I doubt I’ll have many reasons to. Ceil was at the Avenue Saturday afternoon…at the Gap and probably some other places, between 5 and 7 pm.

I’m sure Necessary Roughness hasn’t aged well. The uniforms were plain, but interesting that they were green. Long striped socks and adidas turf shoes. I had forgotten about the prison team, but remembered Bakula and Ireland. Like Cindy Crawford, Ireland has built a big business empire.

Except for DOB, the media hasn’t hit on the fact that getting Glavine for $8 million was a good deal. Sure he could flop, but so could anyone else who would’ve costed even more for a multi-year contract. Hopefully this year one or three of the youngsters will step up.

Listening to a book on tape about baseball history by an older NY Times sportswriter. Several chapters on the invention of the game and on play in the 1800’s, which I knew little about. Even the stuff about the Black Sox, Ruth, Jackie, the 50’s, and free agency had facts I didn’t know. Think it’s just called “Baseball, A History.”

Thanksgiving in Macon this year, which means the NFL games can be watched a little. Everyone wants to go the SC, so instead of driving back home late Thursday, then taking most of the day to make it to SC, I suggested driving straight from Macon to SC that night, even if we get a late start. I’ve missed a few SC trips, so I’ll make the trip, even though there’s never much to do. I’ll have to get out of paintball…”touch” football being guarded by an overzealous 20-year old distant nephew is bad enough (though that makes beating him on a route all the more fun).

No comments: