Monday, November 05, 2007

Alton Brown Story (& the Weekend)

Alton Brown story I’d been forgetting to tell: One Sunday morning a few weeks ago my Turner Broadcasting-employed music producer friend Reid pulled into a parking space at Johnson Ferry Baptist. In front of him Alton and family were unloading from the minivan. Reid tried to start up a conversation, but his entertainment industry comments were met with silence from Alton. Only when Reid told Alton that he had once provided the music for one of Alton’s shows did Alton open up.

Friday Ceil took Anna and Matthew to SC for a funeral. Saturday I was alone, so I ran errands and did housework. Didn’t figure out until late Saturday night that this was time-change weekend. Sunday morning driving the van up 400 I noticed a huge locust hanging onto the windshield wiper. It hung on as we exited and parked at NP. Anna’s science project is on locusts, so we trapped it in a Chick-fil-A cup for Anna’s display board.

Good sermon, but Andy’s entertaining rafting story was a stretch to fit an interesting topic…confronting a sheep who’s gone astray. Ya’ll go? Looked like he was wearing brown running shoes.

Will had a dream weekend. After the game he went straight to his first big high school party, then rode home and spent the night at the Normans. He hung out there until basketball practice. I picked him up and we ate at Moe’s, then we watched Mission Impossible 1 and The Hunt for Red October. After church Sunday Will did homework, then played baseball and football at his team party. When we got home from the field I realized I’d left my glove. I grabbed my laptop and looked up Coach Chris’s number. He had grabbed the glove, so I’ll get it back.

Ceil stopped at the Dekalb Farmer’s Market on the way back into town yesterday. She likes it better than Harry’s, but rarely goes since it’s so far. Did y’all ever shop there? Sunday night Ceil and I went to Borders, but didn’t get there til after 7:30.

This morning I grabbed my briefcase and stuffed it with all the mail and receipts from the weekend. There was more junk than usual, since I’d cleaned up Saturday. Drove to work, came in and set my briefcase on the desk…but no laptop. I had left it on the kitchen table, so I had to go back. In the car from 6:50 to 9:10 am…so today I’ll get to listen to two book-on-tape CD’s instead of one.

No comments: