Thursday, November 06, 2014

156,035

Friday morning I gassed up Will’s 2000 Jeep. Wrote the odometer reading on the receipt. Late Tuesday night I gassed up Anna’s 2002 Jeep. Wrote the odometer reading on the receipt. This morning I did a double-take when I looked at the receipts. Both read 156,035.

What the world is coming to:

1. See where Alabama voted to ban shariah law? A great idea that all other states should follow, lest the US suffers Europe’s fate. So what if the “Council on American-Islamic Relations” (CAIR) calls it “virulently racist” and “outright hostile towards muslims”. The CAIR was set up by muslims to promote islam. It has nothing to do with fostering good relations. While the red states may follow Alabama’s lead, I can’t see liberal states passing this law. Perhaps the new Republican majority in Congress can pass the law nationwide, though it’s probably "unconstitutional."

2. A middle school in New York was teaching the five tenants of islam, and having students recite that Islam was the one true religion (in fact, islam is not a religion – it’s more like a political party). One family took their son out of the school. When other parents (and the press) complained, the school administration said nothing was wrong. Now the parents who withdrew their son are being labeled as racists. But think of the outcry had the teacher made students recite John 3:16 and profess Jesus as Lord.

3. So many companies are using low morals in their advertising, and slowly indoctrinating the public in lower and lower morals. Advertisements and TV shows go out of their way to see what they can get away with.

Left work Tuesday at 5:40. Traffic was a little heavier than usual. Ceil had said some other polling places had been consolidated into ours, and the line at 10 am was longer than usual. I arrived at 6:20 and the line wasn’t too bad – I was finished in about 20 minutes. Swung back by Kroger on the way home. Ceil had cooked a chicken casserole and salad. Watched some election returns, helped Anna with her term paper, and went to bed.

Need to get Will’s tag renewed as well. Plenty of work to get done around the house: straightening, laundry, raking leaves, cleaning gutters, watching football. Will comes home for the weekend. I’d like to go to MC’s brother’s football game with him Friday night. Hopefully he can help out in the yard.

When I wake up in the middle of the night I look at the clock and can’t believe it’s not later than it is. But when I wake up in the morning, it’s pretty close to the time the alarm is supposed to ring. Maybe ten or 15 minutes before the alarm. But Barney almost always comes upstairs at exactly 5:45 – within a minute or two of my alarm. He’s ready for me to get up so he can take my place in the bed and rub his head on my pillow.

Dog treats: Since Ceil rarely sees news alerts (except on Fox News) so I was worried she would buy some of those dog treats from China. But she only buys the high end treats that are made in America.

Sunday we drive down to Macon to celebrate my parent’s 60th anniversary. Not sure if we’re taking Barney or not. Eating at Longhorn Steakhouse.

No comments: