Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sodapalooza Starts

Wednesday was the first day RaceTrac insiders could get their Summer Sodapalooza cup for free refills all summer. I had one the previous two years so it’s become a bad habit. Stopped by the Roswell location to find a bunch of high school students excited to be getting their cups. Each cup comes with a set of coupons for BOGO Braves tickets and free food. Three kids gave me their coupons, so I stand to save $80.00 above and beyond all the Coke I drink – which will be over $100.00 by itself. Eight sandwiches, four hot dogs, and four apple fritters. Just what I need. Last night #Sodapalooza was a trending topic on Twitter.

I frequent the following RaceTracs: PIB in Norcross, Jimmy Carter Blvd in Norcross, Old Milton Parkway in Alpharetta, Crossville Road and also Mansell Road in Roswell, Delk Road and also Canton Road in Marietta, Pleasant Hill Road in Duluth, Highway 92 in Douglassville, and in Lawrenceville next door to Coolray Field. There’s also one on the way home from State Mutual Field in Rome.

With the four Braves BOGO coupons I can buy 12 tickets and get 12 bobbleheads and four Cokes for $44.00. That’s less than $1.60 per item. I’d say I am set for the season.
 
My back isn’t too bad. Isn’t hurting but a couple of times it tightened up. Felt it a little this morning.

Went to doctor Tuesday morning and I was cleared for physical therapy.  My shoulder is feeling better and yesterday the doctor cleared me for physical therapy. Still hard to run without pain – I have to make a point of keeping my arm pressed against my belly as if it were in a sling. Not a great way to run. Will wait and go to the place where Will will be working starting next month.

Conference call at 10 am and then 11 am then on a training webinar from 1120 to 1245. Not great. Worked past six last night – the time crept up on me. Stopped by a thrift store and the auto parts store to have the check engine light looked at. Then I stopped by the library to pick up a couple of books on CD. Was past 7:30 when I got home. Ceil and I ate spaghetti and salad. Ceil had picked up the tuned up lawnmower, so after dinner I cut the grass and blew all the storm debris off the road and driveway. Was dark and after 9 pm by the time I was finished. Caught the end of the Braves game and worked on the computer, then went to bed. Barney kept me up.

Wednesday: Got to work and had an emergency first thing. Focus group at lunch. My focus group was on 10th Street next to where we park for Tech games, at number 10 10th Street at the corner of West Peachtree. Testing a new Delta app and website for 20 minutes. That Checkers had closed down. The Checkers and the parking lot had a little fence around it like they were going to build another high-rise office building right there. Looks like we’ll have to find another place to park for Tech games.

After work I swung by a thrift store. Bought a Bo Jackson Auburn jersey I can sell. Passed on a great-looking pair of $20.00 green Nike hightops. Couldn’t justify buying them when I don’t wear my orange shoes and red shoes that much.

REID: The movie (Unbroken) was good, but left out the best part. The movie finished with him returning to the states. The real story is what happened when he got home. He got married, became an alcoholic, went downhill. Then his wife took him to Billy Graham's first crusade. He got up and walked out before the invitation. She tried to take him back days later, but he refused. Finally he said he would go, but leave before the invitation. He stayed and accepted Christ, and later became a traveling evangelist.
ME:  I need to watch Unbroken as well. I heard the movie did not include his conversion, which was the entire point of the book. Later he returned to meet with the people who imprisoned him to forgive them and share Christ with them. He told the whole story when he spoke at North Point several years ago.

Drives me crazy how so many pepper DOB about every error and pitching performance, like personnel moves should be made after every game based on one play. That south Georgia Twitter guy is the worst. I was going through my tweets in reverse chronological order and saw DOB’s reply to Rob’s tweet.

I’ve been trying to get my bobblehead friends to join me in the Star Wars parade.

Jerry Van Dyke has a recurring role as the father/grandfather on the excellent sitcom The Middle. He’s not on there that much, but last night he was on feuding with his brother – the uncle of the mom on the show. The brother/uncle role was of course played by Dick Van Dyke. In their youth Dick was much taller than Jerry, but these days Dick is almost as short as Jerry. Dick is 89 and was 6’1”. Jerry is 83 and was 5’10”. On the show Dick played a ukulele, sang, and danced a little. 

No comments: