Here’s my ranking of the playoff teams, based solely on my personal preference, from favorite to least desirable…
1. Cubs…Soriano, Marquis, ex-Brave infielder, ex-ND receiver/reliever, Lou, the scene at Wrigley, Derrick Lee.
2. Rays…the manager, the way they compare to the 91 Braves.
3. Dodgers…Torre, Manny, Nomar, Maddux.
4. Red Sox…Kotsay,
5. White Sox…Griffey, Dye, Guillen, Thome.
6. Brewers…the sausage races, Sabathia, Felder, Gwynn
7. Angels…Guerrero, the manager,
8. Phillies…Howard, that speedy little guy, Utley. I don’t like Jimmy Rollins
I’m listening to Barry Levinson’s first novel, “66”, which seems to be similar to his movie “Diner”…which I’ve never seen, but now I want to see all the more. The book is hilarious. Next in line is “Charlie Wilson’s War”