Monday, December 30, 2013

Man in the Mirror

One of these days I will realize that people are never going to be like I want them to be. Family members, friends, co-workers, etc. I cannot change them no matter how many years I try.

Until I accept this I am only distancing myself from my family. No one wants to hang around someone who is always voicing a contrary opinion.

Either I can love them the way they are or I will live alone without them. Already my kids don't call me as much as they call Ceil. Until I start loving them for who they are and stop lecturing them for every mistake they make, they are going to avoid spending time with me.

I can get so stressed when things don't go perfectly. Most people don't care. But the stress boils over and I strike out at the people I should be loving the most - usually my wife and family. It is so hard for me to not be selfish. It is so hard for me to put others before myself. But I should.

Last week Dic Dac said something concerning relationships that resonated in my mind: either I can be right or I can have peace. I'm keeping my new year's resolutions simple this year, but that's got to top the list. Only with God's help can I change.

Are you like this? What are you going to do about it?

No comments: