Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Lone Ranger Story

One of my favorite Christmas traditions has been watching Jay Thomas visit the Letterman show and tell his Lone Ranger story. Every year it gets better and better. I missed it this year, but this year John McEnroe filled in and did an admirable job telling the story. He may have even added a few of his own characters and twists. 

We went to a service at the Presbyterian church. About 25 people. In all my years here in Jefferson I had never been inside that church. Then we ate at Ceil's brother's house. Chicken/dressing casserole, grilled green beans and asparagus, salad, and chocolate cobbler.

Friday we ate covered dish with our small group: pigs in a blanket, ham in rolls, dips, fruit, pumpkin pie, and other goodies. Big crowd - about 25.

Saturday I did some shopping, mailed some eBay packages, and got the oil changed. Then I did some housework and laundry. My back has been hurting, so I had to take some breaks. Watched some bowl games. After shopping most of the day, Ceil cooked burgers.

Went to the 12:30 service at PCC with Ceil on Sunday. Will went to Cartersville and Anna headed out with friends.

Monday morning I delivered an eBay package, mailed another, and bought myself three pair of pants and two T shirts. Back home I fixed myself a chicken salad sandwich. 

Spent Tuesday writing an essay on the Phil Robertson debate. Also read and mailed another eBay package. Traded one bobblehead for two.

No comments: