Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Olympic Sports We'd Like to See

Olympic sports I'd like to see: longest drive , closest to the pin, longest field goal, longest football throw, punt, pass, and kick, longest baseball throw, home run derby, three point contest, slam dunk contest, H-O-R-S-E, bass fishing, stock car racing, WWE, and the dreaded obstacle course

Yesterday I had my front end aligned at the East Cobb Firestone. Hadn't had that done in years, perhaps never. Lately when I'd hit 60 MPH the front end and steering wheel would shake. I knew it was almost time for new tires so I went ahead and bit the bullet on those as well. I might could've gotten more life out of the back tires, and had I gone to my regular tire dealer he might've sold me on four as well.

Firestone checked out the engine cooling system and it checked out, tell me that many 2005 Civics have a phantom overheating problem. The guy complimented me on how well maintained my Civic was. He was very thorough. My friend Lee takes his cars there all the time, but I try to stay away from places like Firestone and Tires Plus, that try to upsell you on every service.

The price for the Bridgestone tires wasn't too much more than I pay at Tire Deals, and plus road hazard was included. When I got home I looked up the Firestone Bridgestone promotional website and discovered a $70.00 rebate the Firestone guy hadn't told me about. That made the tires much cheaper than Tire Deals.
Anna wanted new sneakers for her birthday, so I ordered some New Balance 696 from Zappos. I had Amazon gifts cards to use, but they didn't have her size.

Since M and C were going to be late, I swung by Moes after picking up my car. Watched the Olympics, checked email, and played on the computer.

Guy in my office is watching replays of preseason NFL games instead of the Olympics. That would be like watching a split-squad Braves vs Georgia Tech spring training game instead of the Super Bowl.

Tonight is Dansby's major league debut. Some will be disappointed if he's not the second coming of Willie Mays AND Mickey Mantle, forgetting how Mays was almost sent back to the minors after his slow start. I'll get to see his second game.

Listening to the sound recording of Bill O'Reilly's book "Killing Patton." Learning a lot. Next up is a re-read of Dan Brown's Inferno, in anticipation of the movie release this fall, starring Tom Hanks.

No comments: