Saturday, June 09, 2018

Rain Delay

Bobblehead night in Gwinnett. I was back in green,
so the quiet young Maldinado boy who'd lost his mother earlier this year delivered a trade piece.
Ronald Acuna superhero edition, celebrating the release of the new Incredibles movie. My buddy LJ was a no show, so I had to gather five bobbles. Sam and her son helped out. One was already traded, and I sold one before the evening was out.
L-R: Rachel's dad (grey shirt), sister (green shirt), Alan (green shirt), Sam, Angie, Travis, Jazmine (pink cap), Travis' son (tank top), Destiny (drinking water). Rachel and her mom were at the concession stand.
Stripers were in their sweet throwback unis. Angie and Travis confer.
Time was called at 7:08 and the grounds crew raced to cover the field.
I made sure the kids were watching as the crew pulled on the tarp.
When they were done the crowd gave them a nice ovation.
As I was leaving an hour later the game was ruled complete:
Stripers 1 Chiefs 0. Matt Wisler pitched a rain-shortened complete game - a one hitter, if I'm not mistaken. 
Jazmine and Destiny. The older sis looks just like her mom.

No comments: