Saturday, June 02, 2018

The Psalmist Faced: Disappointment

Most times when I send an email I can go to the address box and type in the first few letters of who I’m sending it to, and most times the address will fill in automatically. Every now and then a wrong address pops in, and the email gets sent to the wrong person. Once I sent the recap of one of Will’s ball games to the manager of our Chattanooga office. Lately I’d been sending emails to the Padgett at my customer instead of the Padgett in our shipping office. Yesterday I mistakenly received an email discussing a problem our vendor was having with another customer they have. Oftentimes I’m sending an email to myself as a reminder. I type in MUR…and coworker Alex Murch’s name pops in. I have to scroll down to get my name instead.

Busy day yesterday for month end. The entire month of May had been one fire drill after another. About a week into the month I realized the only way I’d be able to get everything done would be to work long hours to get all the projects done, so I did. Cleaned up old inventory for the GM. Reviewed work order variances for the entire region – twice. Was able to help close out several old orders from last year to help my old department, then earmark hundreds of other orders to more than offset those losses, adding $60,000.00 of profits to the bottom line. Chased my own orders that had been delayed in Atlanta and Charleston and Mobile and Tennessee and other places. Reviewed raw material and placed more orders (twice). Battled emergencies. It was a good month of work.

Of course I wasn’t the only one on the team working hard. Eric, Shane, Rodney, Jonathan, Alex, and Jeff are constantly on the road, away from home, having to solve problems of their own and answer to higher ups, and having to put up with bozos like me and Brad and Jonathan. Brad and Sherryl work long hours, and like me put up with inefficiencies. Same with Scott and Craig and Lewis and Rachel and Angie.

Last week the team leader saw we had a chance to reach a sales milestone, and yesterday we surpassed it – a record month. We celebrated with cake.
Late in the day the leader sent out a celebratory email that reached the company CEO, who replied with congratulations for the entire team. But the team leader had accidently left me off the email. Mr. Murch was erroneously copied twice. A slip up that I myself do quite often. Quite understandable, but after the long month and long day, with a couple more hours of work ahead of me, it sure took the wind out of my sails. Of all emails to get left off of!

Worked past 7:30 but it was a struggle. Didn’t get ahead. Stopped by Chickfila, the library, and TJMaxx. Was almost nine when a got home. Long day. Long month.

On Friday we were back in trouble on deliveries, so for that reason it’s maybe ok to be left out. I’m not doing this for the praise of men, but for the Lord.

I did sell another bobblehead. May might’ve set a sales record for bobbleheads as well. I’m ahead several hundred dollars for the year. Need to ramp things up.

I watched a good chunk of the Braves game, and wasn’t thrilled when Viz came in. Good point by the announcers that Viz pitches well when rested but poorly when pitching several days in a row. He worried me pitching to Adams, I was gasping when he let go of several of those pitches. Snit pinch hit for Newcomb in the bottom of the seventh. Would’ve been nice to let Newcomb start the eighth at least.

Then I turned over to the Warriors/Cavs with seven minutes to go. The fourth quarter went by relatively quickly. Was emailing back and forth with the GM of the Memphis Grizzlies E-League team. When it went to overtime I went to bed.

No comments: