Saturday, March 17, 2018

First Bite: Century House Tavern

Downtown Woodstock is a happening place. We finally dined there tonight for the first time ever (for me at least). 

As I walked from my parking place I big white American pickup truck passed by, driven by a redneck in a ball cap with a huger Merican flag in the back. You don't see that downtown, in the Westside, in Buckhead, or Decatur. I wanted to (1) take a picture, but I was too slow, (2) encourage him to honk, and (3) give a rebel yell.

Lee had picked the place: the Century House Tavern. Excellent choice. Lee and Nancy split a fish on sweet potato dish. Reid and Noelle split a burger, fries, and salad. Ceil and I split a grilled chicken sandwich, fries, and salad. All the beef, seafood, chicken, cheeses, and vegetables are fresh and locally grown - not frozen.

After dinner we walked around the downtown and tried to act cool.

That team that upset Virginia made the most of their moment in the sun. Several priceless tweets were retweeted, including this gem:

Also priceless: their Under Armour uniforms closely resembled those from the movie Teen Wolf.
I don't want to be that"stay off my lawn" guy. I want to be "all things to all men." These days its getting harder and harder to do that. People have forgotten that verse. 

The student protests haven't stuck in my craw any worse than any other recent issue. But like so many issues it seems many people are missing the point. Students are being used as pawns, and they don't even realize it. 

One of my David Hall friends, the one who's more outspoken about these issues, had his daughter ridiculed for taking a stand contrary to the majority.
Another teacher posted the following comment:

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks http://themarkethousetavern.com/

David said...

Thanks for stopping by!