Friday, March 23, 2018

Where Do We Come From?

Finished up the Dan Brown book “Origin.” Interesting ending as well as an engaging, unsuspecting key supporting character, but the storyline is a carbon copy of every other Dan Brown novel: professor Robert Langdon finds himself in a chase against time to solve a puzzle, accompanied by a beautiful European stranger. The puzzle is always scientific in nature, the solution supposedly dealing a death blow to Christianity. Interesting hypothesis arrived at by a model run on a computer that doesn’t exist. Brown says much of his claims are true, when in fact they’re really only unproven theories requiring faith (in science) to believe. While we know who pulled the trigger to murder the supposed heroic young scientist, the surprise is who arranged the crime, and why. 

No, the book does not shake my faith. But it's one more example of the brainwashing that's going on in today's society.

Wednesday: left work at 5:40 and headed to my focus group. 285 traffic not crowded except merging onto 400, which made my exit at the king and queen building slow. Arrived early and deleted emails. The actual group didn’t last long – I was paid $40.00 to eat four slices of apples. Grabbed Taco Bell on the way home since I’d missed eating with C and A up at the Avalon. Anna was home getting her eyes checked.

Tried to get my hair cut but my barber wasn’t working. Maybe tonight. Got home and watched Family Feud, The Middle, and Designated Survivor. Played on my laptop.

Thursday: slept 45 minutes late, so I arrived “late” – but still before 8 am. Customer still recovering from storm but I have plenty to do. Good to get ahead. No leftovers to bring for lunch but there should be leftovers from two different lunch meetings: pizza or sandwiches.

I got to get back on my exercise plan next week.

Left work at six and drove to JFBC for a meeting. Three guys spoke about their program. Pretty good. Went home and saw the end of the Loyola game and some of K-State/Kentucky. Also Designated Survivor.

My old boss is retiring – the Ogre. I’ve worked with him all 31 years. Skipped the sales meeting (BBQ) to attend the retirement lunch at the Norcross Station Café (salad with chicken). I wrote up a speech and delivered it at the ceremony. Accidentally left out one of the funniest parts.

Saturday night three or four couples are meeting for dinner, then watching the new movie on the Apostle Paul.

No comments: