Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Sheep & Goats

Anna and her girls are leaving NYC today, a day early to avoid the nor'easter that's hitting later today. They're headed to the Albemarle Sound to visit Ceil's friend Dawn.
Matthew 34:31-46 "Before Him will be gathered all the nations, and He will separate one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And He will place the sheep on His right, but the goats on His left. Then the King will say to those on His right 'Come, you who are blessed, inherit the kingdom...' Note there is no distinction between race, politics, nationality, gender, or sexual preference.

On a different topic, Philippians 4:19 begins with the word AND, meaning the phrase that follows is parts of what came before. It does not stand on its own. "and my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus."

Looking backward, Philippians 4:1 begins "Therefore..." which means that everything to follow does not stand on its own but is based on what was said previously. Since Philippians is such a short book, it's best to take in the entire book - and not take any one verse out of context.

Note Galatians 6:5 "For each one shall bear his own load." I must answer directly to God for my actions. My responsibility cannot be shifted onto others. I cannot compare myself to others.

Same old for me. Worked until six. Ceil was just headed to the YMCA so I grabbed a double stack from Wendy's. Got home and chilled a little. Caught up on emails. C got home at 8:15 and we ate a little beef stew at 8:30, then watched the very last Gilmore Girls. They wrapped it up pretty good.

M ran out to Whole Foods for some groceries, and took his time coming back.

Every year on the first day on the NCAA Tournament the same people always moan "Well my bracket is busted" so this year I beat them to it - making the same complaint several hours before the first game tipped off.

Made a push and am down to five emails in my work in box, before today's storm hits. Fixing to go into another mind-numbing meeting. Will need caffeine.

Stopped my McDonalds for breakfast this morning. One bacon, egg, & cheese biscuit and one bacon, egg, & cheese McGriddle. Will be starting back on my diet soon.

No comments: