Friday, March 09, 2018

March Madness

Who will win the ACC? SEC? Late Thursday I went into a guy’s office to ask him a question. I’d just received an email from him and it was kinda odd that he was still at work. He was watching the end of the UGA game on his phone.

Poor Hokies. After making such a push they must’ve run out of gas. Notre Dame is always bursting someone’s bubble.

Busy day Wednesday and Thursday. I work and work and work and just when I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel more stuff comes rolling down the tracks. Just like a lot of people here. Left at 5:30 Wednesday and headed to Cumming for the last hot stove meeting of the year. Stopped by the bank and Wendy’s. On the long drive home I had to stop for gas. Got home at ten and watched Designated Survivor.

Thursday morning I got called into a meeting about SAP, the computer system we’ll be learning eventually. Not looking forward to it but what can you do. Once we get everything all set up it shouldn’t be that bad, but it will be a lot of work. Every time I see Ernie Els wearing a SAP cap I cringe.

Had Matthew’s leftover pizza for lunch. Had to pick out all the hot peppers.

I left Thursday at six and made good time going home. Hit all the light and made it home in 40 minutes. I wasn’t even driving fast. Ceil cooked stir fry. Watched two or three episodes of Gilmore Girls. Only have four to go, plus the four 90 minute updated episodes on Netflix.

Got big plans for the weekend? I got laundry to do. Need to make sure M’s car gets an oil change.

Ceil likes her wine, but does good to finish one glass.

I’m reading Dan Brown’s latest book: Origin. Supposedly a big scientific discovery that shakes the foundations of all the world’s religions – but the scientist is shot and killed before he can make the announcement. Usually his novels use real life places and organizations to dabble with theories than actually aren’t true, like he did in the DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons. We’ll see how this goes.

No comments: