Friday, November 15, 2013

Braves Move: Fact or Fiction?

For a guy who makes his living commenting on sports, the AJC's Jeff Schultz has been crusading all week against the new Braves stadium. Perhaps he and others also railed against the new Falcons stadium but since I didn't read stories about that I missed all the fuss. Seems like most people in the media are against the move - or they just want to stir up their readers. They say the taxpayers are paying for the stadium as if it were the Cobb residents, when in fact the tax is on the hotel guests, renters of cars, and buyers of goods in that specific area. Very few writers stick to the reasons why the Braves are moving. One of my first thoughts after hearing about the deal was the Cobb budget and teachers. I suppose they could have used this tax money years ago for teachers, though I'm not an expert of all the politics involved.

Yesterday I got caught in the crosshairs of some young lawyers arguing about the Braves stadium. They pounced on every dissenting opinion like sharks with blood in the water. 

The Braves/Falcons study actually didn't take as long as I expected. Looked up and jotted down all the records, then quickly laid it all out on a spreadsheet. Then I just went over it and typed up the details.

That Braves/Falcons study actually didn't take as long as I expected. Looked up and jotted down all the records, then quickly laid it all out on a spreadsheet. Then I just went over it and typed up the details.

Yesterday I was on the phone with my parents for a long time, so I took off on my walk a little earlier than usual. This afternoon I'm going to a funeral of a relative at Arlington Cemetery in Sandy Springs. Got lots to do around the house this weekend: leaves, clothes, eBay, Georgia/Auburn.

No comments: