Saturday, October 05, 2013

Blind Hog Finds Acorn

Last week a researched and posted an essay about "fair catch kicks" on my blog. A few days later I noticed the post had a very high number of hits, and had actually become the fifth most popular post on my blog. I had no idea how this could be until I did a little investigating. What happened: less than 24 hours after I posted about Fair Catch Kicks, Phil Dawson attempted the first fair catch kick in five years, at the end of the first half of the 49ers Thursday night game against the Rams. Google was exploding with searches for the rare play, and I was in the right place in the right time. Didn't realize that Jim Harbaugh was a reader of my blog.

During my search I found an interesting website, with more good info on fair catch kicks:
http://quirkyresearch.blogspot.com/2006/07/nfl-fair-catch-kick-attempts.html
This site even lists games where a fair catch kick would've helped the team win the game, had it been attempted.

Stopped by Kroger on the way home from work Tuesday. Ceil was headed out to an event at PCC so Matthew baked a Tombstone pizza. He and Anna had schoolwork to do. I worked on the computer, watched Modern Family reruns, cleaned the kitchen, and went to bed.

No comments: